Drupal 8 is now out for several months. In the program, the current main trends - mobility, accessibility, multilingualism - but especially a simplicity and ease of use. Drupal pure player since its creation in 2007, Actency offers an overview.
MORE PERFORMANCE THANKS TO SYMFONY & BIGPIPE
- The great innovation of Drupal 8 is the adoption of Symfony 2 framework, with clear advantages:
- a greater comfort in the design of the code
- enhanced efficiency for the code: with the use of a popular framework, it is not one but two communities will come together in the right direction;
- coaching and organization more qualitative projects, with the necessary professional speakers ...
- like Facebook, Drupal 8 integrates BigPipe technology, the latency at the display of pages are reduced on major browsers. BigPipe is much faster than the traditional model of page rendering.
MORE MOBILITY WITH THE RESPONSIVE
If the basic themes are natively responsive, Drupal 8 Mobile initiative brings good progress here with HTML5 answers totally dedicated to responsive. The administration interface is responsive, so it becomes possible to manage its site from their favorite devices (smartphone or tablet).
Drupal 7 already supported multilingualism through the installation of several modules. This new version offers a more intuitive interface natively for geographically decentralized contributors, speaking in different languages. The Drupal Community will provide updates to the dictionary.
MORE ACCESSIBILITY FOR ALL: DEVELOPERS, CONTRIBUTORS CLIENTS
The latest version of Drupal takes into account accessibility (WAI rules - ARIA) the same level of his heart. This version includes a semantic evolution of code and improvements in color contrast or size of fonts. The community has been highly demanding with some new components before their integration to Drupal 8 ... The challenge is real, because in 2 years for state services and 3 years for communities, the e-accessibility will be mandatory.
need to prepare to drupal 8?