Every day, an organization creates and handles many documents. Ability to manage, store, share and secure them is important for productivity. Electronic Document Management (EDM) plays a central role.
ELECTRONIC DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT: THE BENEFITS
The benefits of EDM can be summarized in one word: competitiveness.
But they are divided on several levels:
- Savings: $20 for the classification of a physical document, $120 for searching for a misfiled document, $220 for reproducing a physical document that’s been lost. These are a few examples of fees that will be eliminated by switching to EDM.
- Fluidity and Reactivity: locating paperless documents is faster and easier
- Traceability: quality standards and certified approaches are a priority
- Accessibility: centralized in a single place, all company documents are available quickly
YOUR DRUPAL EDM BY ACTENCY
Choosing an EDM solution involves taking into account certain essential criteria.
- Interoperability: Drupal EDM works with any type of Web application: editorial web site, e-commerce website, business applications
- Support and Maintenance: over 500 agencies are referenced on Drupal, with a community of 970,255 members
- Flexibility: Drupal now represents 22,322 ready-to-use modules, of which 431 are solely for file management. The possible combinations are so numerous it allows your solution to improve with time.
- Maturity: 1.6% of sites worldwide are running Drupal.
OUR EDM FEATURES
- Advanced search facet
- Full-text indexing (document content)
- Fuzzy search
- Development of keywords
- Advanced categorization (taxonomy / thesaurus)
- Configurable workflow: number of steps, notification, publication programming, archiving
- Collaboration: Wiki Function, FAQ
- Integration with Third-Party Systems: BusinessObjects, Lotus Notes, etc.
- Responsive Design: accessible from tablet and smartphone
- Management comments and ranking (scoring)
EXAMPLES of DRUPAL-IMPLEMENTED EDM BY ACTENCY
- COLLABORATIVE TOOL FOR SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH ARTICLES: each employee, wherever they are in the world, can: create; edit; comment; receive an alert in real time, on the same article; up to its final publication. (Intranet for Doctors without Borders)
- BROADCAST 70,000 technical documents to partners for sales support. (Extranet "Business Portal" for Alcatel-Lucent)