Every day, companies create and handle scores of documents. The ability to manage, store, share and secure them is important for productivity. Electronic Document Management (EDM) plays a central role.
BENEFITS OF ELECTRONIC DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
The benefits of EDM can be summarized in one word: competitiveness.
But they are divided on several levels:
- Savings: typical costs to a company that doesn’t invest in EDM are: $20 for the classification of a physical document, $120 for searching for a misfiled document, $220 for reproducing a physical document that’s been lost. These are a few examples of expenses that will be eliminated by switching to EDM.
- Fluidity and Reactivity: locating paperless documents is faster and easier
- Traceability: quality standards and certified approaches are a priority
- Accessibility: all company documents are centralized in a single place and available quickly
YOUR DRUPAL EDM BY ACTENCY
Choosing an EDM solution involves taking into account certain essential criteria.
- Interoperability: Drupal EDM works with any type of Web application: editorial websites, e-commerce websites and business applications
- Support and Maintenance: over 500 agencies are referenced on Drupal, with a community of 970,255 members
- Flexibility: Drupal now represents 22,322 ready-to-use modules, of which 431 are solely for file management. The possible combinations are so numerous it allows your solution to improve with time.
- Maturity: 1.6% of sites worldwide are running Drupal.
OUR EDM FEATURES
- Advanced search facet
- Full-text indexing (document content)
- Fuzzy search
- Development of keywords
- Advanced categorization (taxonomy / thesaurus)
- Configurable workflow: number of steps, notification, publication programming, archiving
- Collaboration: Wiki function, FAQs
- Integration with third-party systems: BusinessObjects, Lotus Notes, etc.
- Responsive design: accessible from tablets and smartphones
- Comments and ranking (scoring) management
EXAMPLES of DRUPAL-IMPLEMENTED EDM BY ACTENCY
- COLLABORATIVE TOOL FOR SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH ARTICLES: each employee, wherever they are in the world can: create; edit; comment; receive an alert in real time, on the same article; all up to its final publication. (Intranet for Doctors without Borders)
- BROADCAST: 70,000 technical documents to partners for sales support. (Extranet "Business Portal" for Alcatel-Lucent)